WWS Invests in Blade and Composite Repair Service Capabilities
February 3, 2021
As part of its long-term growth strategy, World Wind & Solar (WWS), a Pearce Services Company and a leader in repair and maintenance services for commercial and utility-scale renewable Wind, Solar, and Energy Storage System (ESS) assets, announces its ability to provide Blade and Composite Repair services to customers that own and operate renewable energy assets.
Regarding WWS Blade and Composite Repair services, Vice President of Wind Services Scott Bryan, said, “World Wind & Solar has a great reputation for quality, safety, and services. Following our acquisition by Pearce Services, we enhanced our focus and investments into broadening the specialized services we provide for our customers. Having a team of technicians and field service engineers solely focused on Blade and Composite Repairs means that WWS is truly a one-stop-shop for any and all services required on a wind or solar farm.”
WWS is now offering these new services across the nation:
- Full Blade and Composite Repair services, including blade inspection, leading-edge repair/upgrade, vortex generator installation, lightning strike repair, and major structural repair.
- Field Service Engineering support for specialized composite repairs and blade inspections.
- Specialized lifts to enable safe, effective, and efficient repairs.
- A team of highly trained, elite technicians with 10+ years of industry experience.
- Full composites supply chain and inventory management capabilities from our 32,000 sq. ft. warehouse located just outside of Chicago, IL.
In March of 2020, WWS was acquired by Pearce Services which reinforced its mission as an independent service provider for critical infrastructure in the renewable energy industry. The leader of the renewables division for Pearce Services, Mark McLanahan commented, “The growth of our team at WWS and our industry has been extraordinary this year. Our integration with Pearce Services and the alignment in our mission to safely service our customers has made our platform stronger than ever and well-positioned to meet our customers’ expanding needs with these new technical capabilities.”
Each year WWS has met the rapid growth of the industry by enhancing its service capabilities and growing its team. With over 500 technicians now working in the field, WWS works tirelessly to serve our OEM, owner, and operator customers with an elite workforce. These new wind technical services are a natural evolution in the company’s ability to serve a diverse set of customers and extend the career path for its professionals. Furthermore, our in-house technical training programs have been developed to ensure our technicians' safety, while efficiently and expertly delivering results in the field.